Sunday, April 1, 2012

Introducing agent Kathleen Ortiz: a reenactment by Newt

Saturday at the Houston SCBWI conference, I had the pleasure of introducing agent Kathleen Ortiz of Nancy Coffey Literary and Media Representatives.

But I wanted to give the audience a little more than the official bio. Kathleen's clients Dawn Rae Miller, Sarah Fine, and Jaime Reed helped make it more interesting by telling me some of their favorite anecdotes about her, and my agent Joanna Volpe told me a little more about what Kathleen's co-workers love about her.

So it turned out to be a really fun intro, and I thought the authors who helped me out with it would enjoy seeing it. Of course I didn't think until later, "Hey, maybe I should've asked someone to record that."

Kathleen offered to scan my notes to email to her clients, but a reenactment would be more fun than having everyone decipher my serial-killer-like handwriting. Recording myself re-reading the introduction alone in the kitchen on my laptop seemed awkward, though, so I decided to use a stand-in.

Take it away, Cartoon Newt Gingrich At a Press Conference:



3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha LOVE THIS. You make a great introducer, L. Even if you do look like a cybertronic Newt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nikki! I thought Newt made a lovely stand-in.

      Delete
  2. Love it, Lynne! You clever girl!

    ReplyDelete